I've got a thing for the Barbie doll... I do, I've always had. Perhaps because my parents couldn't afford a genuine one when I was a child, I found myself buying one in my late teens. I just had to have one. And this was the first real Barbie I had. I didn't like the outfit she was originally wearing, so, I have made her a new one, of course. I guess I made this in 2010, but I am not 100% sure anymore. I did sew it by hand entirely.
I still haven't decided for a name for her. Any ideas?
Later I bought another one. One day I'll get around to finally make her a new outfit too and then I'll introduce her to you.
I know I have my blog a little abandoned. It's just that I've been so busy with baby G. lately. She's been crying out for attention more than usual, and honestly, I spend too much time online. I want to follow all the posts from the blogs I follow and when I realise, I haven't even made the post I was thinking about, and it's too late, and I am completely tired and I go to sleep.
Besides fixing a pair of pants for myself, another one for my V. man and sewing the hems from G.'s bedroom curtains, there's nothing I've done worth sharing.
I've been trying to take photos each hour during one day but I always mess up at some point... so, I haven't made the A DAY IN PHOTOS post just yet either.
So, to keep it a little busy, I was searching for something I would like to share, and I thought it'd be a great idea to share a tutorial from a refashion I made while I was still pregnant. I've turned a man's shirt into a maternity tunic... Tho…
Here's something I've been planning to show you for a few days now.
G.'s new pair of boots:
Yes! I made them matching the shorts and out of an adult pair of pants. But unfortunately it didn't turn out as well done as I'd wish.
I had in mind how I wanted them to be, and had started tracing a pattern for them, but then I came across the Boots Tutorial from Rose (A Rosie Sweet Home), and it was easier, so I followed her tutorial but still altered it to look more like the boots I had in mind.
This is what I wanted:
But this is what I got:
And those were the best pictures she allowed! A 9 month old won't stop for a minute!!! ;)
I thought about making the tutorial for these too, but I gave up half the way, since I was messing it all. Hope you like it though, they are weareable, though a little too big for her yet. She's got this very very very little feet, even for her age! Cindrella feet as I usually say!
Well, I've been short on time to make this tutorial, that's why it took me longer than expected to post it. But I really wanted to make it, and when we really want things done, we always find the time to make them. so, it said, here's the promised tutorial of Gab's Blouse. Enjoy it! And don't forget to let me know if you use it. I'd love to see it. What you need:
paper and pencil (to trace your pattern)
fabric of your choice and bias tape of a contrasting colour (you can buy ready made or make it yourself). I've told you how I make mine in the Ant Costume Tutorial.
Thread, a needle and a sewing machine
Your kids fitting shirt and pins.
I used a slightly bigger t-shirt from my baby girl to make her new blouse. I wanted it to fit for a little longer, that's why. So, trace the front and back pattern (1). You need to adjust it to the shape you want.…